About Me

My photo
Howden, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm a 53 year old senior manager in Local Government. My interests include current affairs, travel, walking, reading, art & culture and sport. The views expressed in this blog are entirely my own and do not represent the views of anyone else or of any organisation.

Sunday 3 January 2010

Cheshire East Council Supports Crewe Alexandra & Macclesfield Town



Building on my previous blogpost, I also read in the Macclesfield Town match programme from 28 December that Cheshire East Council
are "proud supporters" of both Macclesfield Town FC and Crewe Alexandra FC. These are the two professional football clubs located in their patch. The newly formed, Cheshire East Council took out a whole page advert in the programme to point this out.

It's great to see these close links between football clubs and their local councils because football clubs are important institutions in their local communities and can reach parts of them that other organisations struggle to penetrate. It's in the interests of the council, the football club and the local community that this close joint working takes place and as we saw in my previous blogpost, this close collaboration can manifest itself in projects like the new community-focused stadium planned in Macclesfield.

No comments: